Manga: Caste Heaven , Heaven of School Caste, カーストヘヴン
Author: OGAWA Chise
Status in Country of Origin: 4 Volumes (Ongoing)
Scanlator: Sentimiento Yaoi, Cocobees, Fated Fujoshis, Ichinko Scans, Sevenfortynine, namasuki
Summary: Ruled by a cruel and arbitrary ranking system, the school is a pool of jealousy, envy and lust. Azusa was the King for a long time but one day he falls to the very bottom. What now?
Download Caste Heaven Manga:
Read Caste Heaven Online:
Post’s Author Opinion:
Note: This is a personal opinion, it does not reflect YaoiOtaku’s official position towards the manga.
What was good:
– Ogawa Chise. As far as I’m concerned, she can draw about earthworms, and I will still read & love it. She is just THAT good.
– the art. Again, it’s Ogawa Chise. She is objectively the goddess.
– the main character. Azusa is definitely one of the most unbreakable, stubborn and strong ukes out there. It’s worth reading just for him.
– the setting. I’ve never read anything like it, and I can’t wait to read more and more.
– the plot twists & the actual plot. So much is going on, so many twists & turns, so many little details still unknown, so many Chekhov’s guns still waiting to be fired.
– the sex scenes. They’re hot. For those who can appreciate NonCon.
– very cruel seme. It’s one of those rare mangas where you’re not sure if you want the characters to end up together, or it’s better if uke just kills the seme and moves on. I can’t wait to see how it ends.
What was bad:
– the second couple. For me, they’re incredibly boring and way too much time is wasted on them.
– suspension of disbelief required. I adore the premise, but the moment you start thinking about it too hard, it falls apart.
– it’s ongoing. It’s probably going to be ongoing for years and years to come.
One of my favorite yaoi manga out there. The first one to really make feel for the characters, to cry and to hate with them. Dark, cruel, kinky. I recommend it to everyone who appreciates such stuff.
What’s your opinion on Caste Heaven manga? Please let us know in the comments below.